We-Are-Microsoft charity event - wrap-up

I just got back from the charity event We Are Microsoft hosted in Dallas. It was a wonderful event, so many charities that all were worthwhile causes. I met a bunch of wonderful people, it is amazing that so many people were willing to give up a full weekend away from their families. I think the final tally was over 170 people including developers, designers, charities and event staff. It was very exhausting weekend of coding and little sleep but great to see that all charities actually received a fully working web site. Chris Koenig and Toi Wright put together a really great event plus all the volunteers.

Our team built a web site for the shelter New Beginning Center using Telerik Sitefinity as the CMS of choice. The new website isn't quite ready yet but will hopefully be up in the next few weeks as we're working on the finishing touches.

None of the guys on our team had any prior experience using SiteFinity but thankfully it was relatively easy to use. Telerik also had two great developer evengalists, Gabe Sumner and Todd Anglin who really knew the product well and were great at providing feedback. I will post later this week what I liked and disliked about SiteFinity.

  1. gravatar

    # by Anonymous - January 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM

    Hi Magnus. Great job!! Todd & I were happy to help. I look forward to seeing your feedback about Sitefinity!

  2. gravatar

    # by Matt Lagrotte - January 20, 2009 at 12:26 PM

    Hey Magnus! Loved what you guys did for new beginning. Let me know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future!

  3. gravatar

    # by Magnus Lassi - January 20, 2009 at 7:11 PM

    Matt, thanks for your great support at the event! I'm definitely going to look into Verio next time I need a hosting provider.